10.0 Gbits/sec GZIP Compression/Decompression Accelerator
* Legacy Product - Not Recommended For New Designs
The AHA367-PCIe is a PCI Express plug in card that adds GZIP compression and decompression acceleration to data networking streams. This card supports data rates of 10.0 Gigabits per second while achieving high compression ratios equivalent to high effort GZIP software. Communication and storage networks require high-speed compression solutions to reduce latencey on communication links; reduce bandwidth on these links; and reduce media requirements when storing files to disk or tape.
The AHA367-PCIe is more than ten times faster than software with a comparable configuration. Software compression solutions require dedicated CPU resources and do not achieve the high throughput required for many systems. The AHA367-PCIe is ideal for SAN servers, Virtual Tape Emulation backup systems, application servers, point-to-point communication links, web servers and load balancers.
- Open standard algorithm (GZIP/Deflate)
- PCI Express 2.0 x8 Interface (backward compatible with Gen.1)
- Scatter Gather DMA
- Standard height, half length card
- Compatible with AHA363-PCIe drivers for ease of integration
- High Compression Ratio
- Minimal expansion of uncompressable data
- Full duplex operation
- Linux reference drivers with source code
- Drivers and Plug-ins for Microsoft IIS and Apache web servers
- 32-bit and 64-bit Linux kernel support
- ZLIB Interface